Program Proposal: ‘Quilting with Residents at Limberlost’
A Partnership between London Community Chaplaincy at Limberlost & London Modern Quilt Guild
The London Modern Quilt Guild is proposing to provide a weekly women quilting & stitching opportunity with the residents of 1481 Limberlost at the Limberlost Chaplaincy Unit.
The London Modern Quilt Guild will lead on delivering this program. We will liaise with other textile guilds in order to have weekly guest sessions included as part of the program.
Crystal Hudson, Community Builder, will be the contact person for the Limberlost Chaplaincy. Mary Veenman, Guild Member, will be the contact person for the Guild.
- To provide a pleasant environment for women to come together to stitch and to build community relationships.
- To offer a learning experience on quilting and other stitching techniques.
Guild contributions for the program
The Guild will:
- Provide fabric, thread, etc. for the participants. Participants will leave their stitching projects at the unit at the end of each session.
- Seek to gain access to sewing machines and other related equipment. In the interim, we will work on hand stitching projects.
Chaplaincy contributions for the program
The Community Builder will:
Advertise the program to community residents and promote attendance.
Determine the most appropriate time slot for the weekly program.
- Be the contact person on site at Limberlost.
- Ensure access to storage space on site.
To be determined in collaboration with Chaplaincy staff:
- length of weekly program sessions
- day of the week on which to provide the program
- number of participants
- duration of the program: ongoing versus time limited