Here is our agenda:
- Hand Sew Happy Hour will take place April 27 from 7-9pm. More information can be found here. Space is limited. Please rsvp!
- Sign Up for Fabric Dyeing Workshop, July 8, 2017. More information can be found here.
- East Lions Artisan Centre Sale - April 29, 2017, 11am - 4pm. Members can sell items at sale. A portion of the proceeds goes to East Lions Artisan Centre.
- Bring Slab Blocks for the Great Canadian Quilting Bee held by the CQA. More information can be found by clicking here.
- LMQG Logo Challenge Blocks - Due August. More information can be found here.
- There are lots of Quilt Shows coming up! You can find out more by clicking on our Community Quilting Events Page.
- Chatham-Kent Quilt Raffle - 3 quilts to be raffled. Tickets will available through Linda at the meeting - $2 per ticket or 3 for $5.
- Update about our Canada 150 Block Challenge.
- MQG Updates
- Show & Share
- We will have a open sew-in until 4pm that day. Bring a project and stay for the afternoon!
In the first of the series, Jan will demonstrate some machine quilting ideas that she learned in Christa Watson's Free Motion Quilting Class.
In her own words Christa describes herself:
"I am the author of two machine quilting books and I love helping others discover the joy of quilting their own quilts! I consider myself to be a perfectly imperfect quilter and I enjoy the look of hand-crafted quilting where you can tell that a person made it rather than a computer."
You can find more about Christa by clicking here.
For this month's program:
"You will need 2 or 3 quilt sandwiches and here's my suggestion for a practice sandwich.
Take 2 fat quarters that you don't really like - one for top and one for bottom. You know, the ones that were in a bundle after you used all the good pieces. Cut a piece of batting the same size as these, so about 18" by 21". Layer these together but don't bother adding pins - maybe just 4 pins in the corner if you want. I'll show you Christa's basting technique on Saturday.
You also need the following:
- sewing machine with walking foot and free motion foot
- 50 wt or 40 wt thread to match your fabric - I'll be using 50 wt but use what you like best.
- marking pen, such as water soluble blue, frixion gel, or disappearing purple -whatever you like best
- pencils - regular plus 2 colours
- quilting gloves if you have them (If you don't have these you will probably be racing to your quilting shop after Saturday to get some. I love mine. You are welcome to try them on Saturday.)"
We look forward to seeing you Saturday!