These classes will begin sometime in March and be on either a Tuesday morning or a Friday morning. Got some free time? They are looking for more volunteers. Contact Mary V. at 519-433-9339 if you are available. Even if you only have some time every few months- that's fine.
They are also looking for some supplies to get them started. At Limberlost, we have been so fortunate for all the donations these past 2 years and will be dividing up some of the fabrics and notions and giving them to Southdale.
Here is a specific list needed, and if you have any extra sewing supplies you haven't used in a while, and would like to see them go somewhere that would certainly use them, please call Mary.
- Thread (at least black and white)
- a couple of seam rippers
- 1" elastic (for wrist pin cushions)
- one cutting mat and ruler and rotary cutter
- tape measures
- colourful fabric - cottons or cotton blends
- upholstery and/ or drapery fabric (for making bags)