Quick Review of Guild Challenges:
- MQG Charity Quilt/Quilt X Quilt For those who signed up at the May meeting, you will be give precut fabric and instructions to create the block. This can be done at home or at the sew-in after the meeting.
- Riley Blake Challenge - Due at August Meeting
- #QuiltsforPulse For those that have volunteered, please bring your improv blocks you have previously created this year to donate, as well as red, yellow and orange scraps to make additional blocks to contribute to our #Quiltsforpulse quilt. We will work on these blocks at the sew-in after the meeting.
Recap of Nancy Trowbridge Triangle Workshop
- Bring your quilt tops (or completed quilts!) to share with the guild.
Sew in the Park Dates
- Thursday, July 21, 2015, 6:30pm
- Tuesday, August 23, 2015, 6:30pm
- Someone to present the colour Yellow for August
- Upcoming Quilt Shows that the LMQGC is participating in.
Thread Bar Workshop
- October 1, 2016 - $65 payable to guild- sign up if you are interested as we are opening it up to the local guilds for registration.
- After the meeting until 4:30pm. Bring a lunch. Stay and sew with your fellow Guild members. You can bring your own project or assist with the following:
- Quilt X/QuiltCon Charity Block - Lead by Joyce
- #QuiltsforPulse Charity Blocks - Lead by Lyndsey
We have 2 activities planned for our program this month. Please bring your sewing machine, a basic sewing kit and don't forget the sewing machine cord and pedal! Please do not set up your machine until the second activity, it is not required for the first activity.
presented by Sheilagh
Have you ever wondered how some people can look at a colour and immediately recognize all of the colours, tints, tones or shades are used to make up that colour? How can they look at orange and also see red, or yellow?
On Saturday we will "build" our own variations of orange and its tints, tones and shades.
We will also talk about the colour schemes that use orange and the effects they have.
Please bring a sample of your favourite orange fabric (if you have one). All other supplies will be supplied to members.
*Please don't set up your sewing machine for this exercise.
presented by Kristyn
Kristyn will be demonstrating 3 different types of Triangle Improv techniques. If you wish to give these techniques a try, please bring the following for the improv supplies: