- At least 5, possibly up to 9 pieces of print fabric that you might put together. You will need 5 but having a few more will help with your selection. Don't include any solids; prints will work best for this exercise. Also it doesn't matter too much about print scale but we will be using pieces about 5" to 8" in size, so huge print scale will be more difficult.
- Your pieces of fabric can be any size but must be at least 5" square. They don't all have to be square, rectangles and triangles are also useful. Keep them relatively small or plan to cut pieces off during the exercise
- Two different pieces of neutral fabric, about the size of a Fat 1/4, and it should be either a solid or tone-on-tone. Include a white or cream and a second neutral.
- If you have a small cutting board and ruler, bring this along with a rotary cutter.
- Sewing machine and the usual supplies.
This should be a very eye opening workshop as most of us think Neutrals are limited to white, cream, grey and black.
As well as the Neutrals workshop, if we have time we will be catching up on Improv Piecing. So please bring your green scraps with you too. All kinds of shades of green and any sized pieces. We will learn Improv piecing of your blocks.
Bring your sewing machine and sewing kit and if you can stay into the afternoon, please bring your lunch.
See you Saturday!
East Lions Artisans Centre
1731 Churchill Ave. London