Here is our agenda:
- Reminder that the deposit for the SWOMod Quilt Retreat is due April 1, 2017. More Info can be found here.
- Stratford Guild Trunk Show - If you are willing to lend any modern quilts to be shown at this trunk show, please bring them to the meeting.
- Libs Elliot Workshop is SOLD OUT!
- Sign Up for Fabric Dyeing Workshop, July 8, 2017. More information can be found here.
- East Lions Artisan Centre Sale - April 29, 2017, 11am - 4pm. Members can sell items at sale. A portion of the proceeds goes to East Lions Artisan Centre.
- Bring Slab Blocks for the Great Canadian Quilting Bee held by the CQA. More information can be found by clicking here.
- LMQG Logo CHallenge Blocks - Due August. More information can be found here.
- 2016 Financial Report
- Show & Share
- We will have a open sew-in until 5pm that day. Bring a project and stay for the afternoon!
In the first of the series, Sheilagh will demonstrate some of the beginner stitches she learned in Alison Glass' Embroidery 101 Class.
For our program, we will use these beginner stitches to create the heart shaped sampler pictured above. This free pattern is by Alison Lang and Rachel Beyer of Adventures In Making.
Here is what you will need:
8-inch diameter embroidery hoop
12”x12” square of fabric (quilter’s cotton or linen works best)
Fine-lead pencil (or nonpermanent fabric marking pen)
The Guild will provide:
Perle Cotton - Variety of colours (If you wish, feel free to bring your ouwn Perle cotton or Embroidery Floss)
Printed Pattern for you to Trace
If you are an experienced embroiderer (we know many of our Members are), feel free to bring some of your own embroidery to show the group!!
We look forward to seeing you Saturday!