WOW was this month’s meeting packed! Lots of members and 4 guests attended. Welcome to all the new faces!
Chantal went over the Guild business and here are some of the highlights:
· Jacquie Gering is coming to Hyggeligt in April to do a 2-day workshop on using your walking foot.
· Opportunity for a guest blogger to recap the monthly meetings- thanks to everyone that volunteered
· Everyone received a postcard that was designed by Sheilagh to promote our guild. If you need more to distribute at other guilds or LQS, there are extra postcards in the supply cupboard.
· Libs Elliott is a possibility for workshops/ trunk show.
· Our Outreach program received lots of fabric donations- thank you for continuing to think of this program when you are thinning out your stash!
· Mary V had ideas where to raffle the QuiltCon charity quilt to raise donations for the London Community Chaplaincy.
· Artisans Open House is on Sunday September 27th from 10-4- quilts to display are needed, volunteers in the booth are needed and fabric scraps for the children’s activity are also needed.
· The winter issue of the CQA magazine will be about modern quilting. The possibility of the guild writing an article with photos was discussed. Deadline is Oct. 1st Would someone be willing to write an article?
· The program for the November meeting will be about Liberated Quilting (Gwen Marsden) and Gail and Christine R will present this workshop.
· Sonia asked if the guild was interested in a workshop by Sew Fresh Quilts- please look at Lorna’s website to see the types of quilts she creates. Sew Fresh Quilts
· Lisa brought some magazines as door prizes- thank you Lisa. Bonnie and Linda each won magazines.
Thanks to Mary B for bringing in some quilting books to start a guild library! Quilting Modern by Jacquie Gering is already signed out- how awesome is our library going to be! Any other books you are finished reading can be donated to the library for others to enjoy.
Next month’s Gen Q blocks should be based on this design. (see drawing below)
They are to be 10 ½” unfinished and be made with Autumn coloured fabrics. If you need more information about the Gen Q block challenge- click HERE.